DSU’s Nightbus runs every night of term, providing a safe and secure way for students to get home in the evening.
The Nightbus is a demand-responsive service, which means that there isn’t a fixed timetable. Instead, you book the service like a taxi, arranging a convenient time and pick-up point with the driver. Priority is always given to lone travellers, so please mention this when booking. Space is limited so at busy periods you may have to wait for the service, or the driver may decline to carry a large group of students.
To make a booking, you should call the driver on 07854 838890. The number is only available when the service is in operation- please see the pick-up points and the running times below.
There is a fee of £1 for using the Nightbus service. This helps to contribute towards the significant costs of operating the service.
When using the Nightbus service you agree to the following conditions:
1. Priority is always given to lone travellers.
2. Due to limited space on the Nightbus, at busy times the driver may be unable to carry large groups of students or there may be a wait before the service is available for larger groups.
3. If you are drunk the driver can refuse to allow you on to the Nightbus, and his decision is final.
4. If you are sick in the bus due to intoxication there is a fee of £30 payable, to pay for the cost of cleaning the bus. Your Campus Card will be taken as ID and will be retained until this fee is paid. Your College will also be told about the incident.
5. If you vandalise or otherwise damage the bus, you will be charged a fee for repairing the bus. Your Campus Card will be taken as ID and will be retained until this fee is paid. Your College will also be told about the incident.
6. Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated on the Nightbus. If you are verbally or physically abusive towards the driver or other passengers, you will be ejected from the bus and your College will be told about the incident. You may also be subject to the University’s disciplinary procedure as a result- you can find out about the University’s Respect at Work and Study policy here.
7. CCTV is in operation on the bus for passenger and driver safety and will be used as evidence of criminal or antisocial behaviour.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about the Nightbus service, please contact the Union on 0191 3341777 or email email@example.com.